Community groups; charitable and non-profit organizations; and for-profit organizations hosting fundraisers for a registered charity or not for profit organization within the County of Grande Prairie boundaries can now use the County's four-burner barbecue for special events.
The barbecue is available to rent from May 1st to October 15th.
A few things to know:
- The BBQ is free to rent; however, renters must provide a refundable $100 damage deposit.
- The BBQ must be booked a minimum of 14 days in advance of the event and can only be booked a maximum of one year in advance.
- Renters must have an anticipated attendance of 15 people or more.
- The BBQ is available for a maximum of four hours at the site of the event (transit time not included)
- The County will transport the BBQ to and from the event.
If your group or organization is interested in using the barbecue we encourage you to review the Appendix BBQ Rental Agreement [PDF - 209 KB].
To book or for more information on the barbecue rental policy and guidelines please contact the Parks and Recreation department at 780-532-9727.