Questions & Answers
What is Open Data?
Open data takes non-personal information collected by the County and makes it available to the public through our online Open Data Catalogue.
What about personal information?
Confidential and sensitive information held by the County will continue to be handled in accordance with existing protocols, and provincial and federal law.
What are the benefits?
- Easier access to County information
- Opportunities for economic development
- Open and transparent government
- Improves citizen experience
- Promotes engagement in local government
- Interested individuals can analyze data and create interesting applications
- Improved response times for requests for information
- Streamlined process for frequently requests information
What are we publishing?
The various departments at the County are working hard to make more information available! Any data set held by the County that does not contain personal information can potentially be published. Some datasets contain sensitive or private information and will not be published. Other data sets are not in a format that is eligible for inclusion in the Open Data catalogue. Generally, any information contained in a machine readable format that has been reviewed by staff for accuracy will be published.
Can I make suggestions?
Yes, suggestions and questions are welcome, please email us.
Are there any limitations?
Yes, please review our License.