Bear Lake Campground
An ideal lake for canoeing, windsurfing, and other personal watercraft, Bear Lake is four miles wide and six miles long. It is only six feet deep at its deepest point.
Located on the north shore of Bear Lake, just 23 km northwest of Grande Prairie.
Head north on Hwy #2, three km past Clairmont to Twp Road 730 (Mercer Hill Road). Turn west and follow the signs.
Turn south off secondary Hwy # 672 (Emerson Trail) on Range Road 72, then proceed 4 km to the park.
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $25.00/night per campsite or $80.00/day for the shelter. Shelter fee is waived if a group booking is made for all camp sites. For individual campsites, payment is accepted in cash only. For group day use and group overnight camping, payment is accepted in cash, debit, or credit card only. No cheques.
- Onsite caretaker
- 17 sites; no hook-ups
- 4 Remote tenting sites along the shoreline
- Non-potable water available by tap
- Shelter with wood stove, family day-use picnic site, outdoor restrooms, playgrounds, ball diamond, firepits, free firewood
Please note the boat launch is for small hand-launched watercraft only.
- Group Overnight Camping & Day-Use
- Campgrounds & Parks Regulations & Etiquette
- Golf Courses in the County
- Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association
Advanced Campsite Reservations for Bear Creek Folk Festival
The County of Grande Prairie is pleased to provide exclusive advance campsite reservations for the Bear Creek Folk Festival on August 18 - 20, 2017. Portable showers will be provided for this event. Please call or email the campground to make your reservation. All other campgrounds welcome event attendees, with campsites available on a first come, first served basis.