Old Bezanson Townsite
Along the banks of the Smoky River just 12 km southeast of Bezanson is the Old Bezanson Townsite and what remains of the dream of A.M. Bezanson. In the early 1900s, he started building a city here in anticipation of the rail link. When the line passed through Grande Prairie instead, the Old Bezanson Townsite building footprints is all that remained of his legacy.
Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (summer only). Group overnight camping by reservation only provides for exclusive use of the campground only.
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $100.00/night per group rental; $50.00/Group Day Use. Payment is accepted in cash, debit, or credit card only. No cheques.
- Group Day Use is available
- 21 camp sites for group overnight camping and Bezanson Homecoming special reservations
- Fire pits, picnic tables, outdoor restrooms, ball diamond, playground and shelter with wood stove, historic information, and walking trails
- No power or potable water
- Group Overnight Camping & Day-Use
- Campgrounds & Parks Regulations & Etiquette
- Golf Courses in the County
- Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association
Advanced Campsite Reservations for Special Events
The County of Grande Prairie is pleased to provide exclusive advance campsite reservations for the Bezanson Fair and Homecoming on August 25 - 27, 2017 at Old Bezanson Townsite. Phone us to make your reservation. All other campgrounds welcome event attendees, with campsites available on a first come, first served basis.