Online Reservation Guidelines
- Campers are encouraged to make their reservation before travelling to Pipestone. Drop-in campers, or persons without internet access can use the new self reservation kiosk in the Pipestone parking lot.
- With the new reservation system, all sites must be allocated through the reservation system. Guests will no longer be permitted to drive through the campground and select a site, then pay.
- Under the pilot program, reservations for individual campsites can be made up for the entire 2017 camping season until October 15, 2017. An advance booking window may be implemented for 2018.
- These guidelines apply to group and individual reservations
- Only one towed unit and one tent unit maximum per family and individual campsite.
- Account holders are responsible for the actions of all camping party members and any visitors to their site.
- Once your guest profile has been created, your personal information will be encrypted and stored for future visits.
- Check out time is 12 noon; check in time is 2:00pm
- Upon arriving at Pipestone, persons with a reservation can proceed straight to their assigned campsite. Persons without a reservation will have to self-register at the kiosk in the parking lot before proceeding to their site.
- Please bring a print out or screen shot of your reservation; paper permits will not be issued and are no longer required to be attached to camp site posts
- Please note that the Pipestone Caretaker can assist with general inquiries but cannot accept telephone reservations unless redeeming a free voucher (see below).
- In addition to the campsite fee, as per industry standards, there will be $10.00 processing fee per reservation made to help cover the operating cost of the reservation service.
- The reservation fee is charged per campsite, per stay and is payable at the time of reservation. A “stay” is defined as a series of consecutive nights .
- The reservation fee is non-refundable.
- GST is applicable
- Is for use of the campsite and is charged on a per night basis.
- It helps cover the operating cost of the campground itself and its facilities.
- GST is applicable
Methods of Payment:
- All costs incurred though the use of the reservation system must be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
- As of May 15, 2017 cash or cheque payment will no longer be accepted at Pipestone.
- There is a $5.00 fee to cancel a reservation
- The original $10.00 reservation fee is non-refundable
- Camping fee refunds are applied to the card used for the original transaction.
- Camping fee refunds are determined by the notice provided:
- If 3 days (72 hours) or more prior to 2:00pm on the scheduled day of arrival, all camping fees are refunded.
- If 2 days (48 hours) or more prior to 2:00pm on the scheduled day of arrival, one night’s camping fee is forfeited.
- If less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours’ notice prior to 2:00pm on the scheduled day of arrival, two nights’ camping fees are forfeited.
- If less than 24 hours’ notice, no refund available.
- Please note: refunds are not provided outside of the above criteria for advisories including weather, ground / site conditions, water quality, air quality, wild animals, insects / pests, fire bans, liquor bans, car trouble, getting lost or evictions.
Extending a Reservation:
- If you wish to extend your reservation during your stay, please use the onsite self-reservation kiosk to check availability.
- Reservation extensions cannot be guaranteed for the same site and may require campers to move to another site.
- A confirmed reservation is not transferable from one person to another.
- The reservation must be cancelled, and a new one booked under the other person’s name
- For guests with a reservation, there is no penalty because the site is prepaid.
- Occupants of multiple sites booked under one name will be asked to complete a paper registration to identify the persons staying at each particular site.
- For persons without a reservation, sites are subject to availability and must be booked at the self-reservation kiosk in the parking lot
- If a guest does not show up to use their prepaid site, there is no refund
- If you have a voucher or discount coupon for Pipestone Creek Campground, please call the Caretaker at 780-766-2391 to assist with your reservation.
- If the County of Grande Prairie must close the campsite, or part of the campsite for any reason including your safety, all affected reservations will be cancelled and reservation holders will be refunded all fees paid, including service fees. We will do our best to provide you with as much notice as possible in these situations.