Pipestone Creek Campground
Book your site at Pipestone Creek Campground Online in Advance!
The next time you plan to camp at Pipestone Creek Campground, you won’t need to drive out mid-week to secure your spot! Instead, book your site from the convenience of your home or smart device on our new online reservation system!
- Book individual campsites as far in advance as October 15, 2017
- View a map that shows the location of each available site
- Read about individual site sizes, occupancy, and available amenities. Your reservation permits one camping unit and one vehicle per campsite.
- Select and reserve a campsite according to your own needs and preferences
- Pay your fees online via Visa or MasterCard.
- See Online Reservation Guidelines for further details
The online reservation system for Pipestone Creek Campground is a pilot program. If it is successful, the County may consider implementing the system at other key campgrounds in the future.
About Pipestone Creek Campground
A dramatic drive down the river valley where Pipestone Creek meets the Wapiti River lies the hidden valley of Pipestone Creek Campground. Located along the Wapiti River, near one of the richest areas for dinosaur fossils in western Canada, and the largest site in the world for Pachyrhinosaurus fossils.
Thanks to this ultra-rich fossil bone-bed, Wembley is proud to be the home of the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur museum.
The park is located just 16 kilometres south of Wembley. Head west on Hwy #43, then south through the Town of Wembley, and follow signs to the park.
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $25.00/night per campsite (unserviced); $35.00/night per campsite (power); $250.00/night for Group Area; $250.00/Group Day Use Area
- Onsite caretaker
- Day use area with playground, outdoor restrooms, firepits, free firewood, trails, picnic tables, and small dinosaur museum complete with fossils
- 99 sites (14 sites with power)
- New dual public sani-dump
- Dinosaur themed playground, horseshoe pits, frisbee golf course, walking trails to dinosaur bonebed
- Firepits and free firewood
- Group camping with shelter and wood stove, power for 10 units.
- Non-potable water