Pipestone Creek Campground
Effective January 13, 2018, Pipestone Creek Campground is open again for day use access on the weekends. Thank you for your patience during the temporary closure in December 2017.
During the winter season, Pipestone day use area is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m and offers many outdoor opportunities: fire pits and free firewood, seating areas and tables, plus open spaces ideal for activities such as picnics, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking.
On-line individual and group reservations for 2018 at Pipestone Creek Campground began January 1, 2018 for dates falling between May 15, 2018 and June 24, 2018 inclusive. Individual site reservations for June 25, 2018 to October 15, 2018 will open on April 1, 2018 once a construction schedule has been confirmed for the sites that will be receiving power upgrades in 2018. Group reservations for weddings and family reunions from June 25 - October 15, 2018 can be made by calling 780-532-9727 Extn 2175. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The next time you plan to camp at Pipestone Creek Campground, you won’t need to drive out mid-week to secure your spot! Instead, book your site from the convenience of your home or smart device on our new on-line reservation system!
- Book individual campsites as far in advance up to June 24, 2018 (additional availability for the remainder of the summer will be released on April 1, 2018).
- View a map that shows the location of each available site
- Read about individual site sizes, occupancy, and available amenities. Your reservation permits one camping unit and one vehicle per campsite.
- Select and reserve a campsite according to your own needs and preferences
- Pay your fees on-line via Visa or MasterCard.
- See Online Reservation Guidelines for further details
The on-line reservation system for Pipestone Creek Campground was launched as a pilot program in 2017 and will continue for the 2018 campground season. The County is currently evaluating the merits of launching the system at other key campgrounds in the future.
About Pipestone Creek Campground
A dramatic drive down the river valley where Pipestone Creek meets the Wapiti River lies the hidden valley of Pipestone Creek Campground. Located along the Wapiti River, near one of the richest areas for dinosaur fossils in western Canada, and the largest site in the world for Pachyrhinosaurus fossils.
Thanks to this ultra-rich fossil bone-bed, Wembley is proud to be the home of the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur museum.
The park is located just 16 kilometres south of Wembley. Head west on Hwy #43, then south through the Town of Wembley, and follow signs to the park.
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $25.00/night per campsite (unserviced); $35.00/night per campsite (power); $250.00/night for Group Area; $250.00/Group Day Use Area
- On-site caretaker
- Day use area with playground, outdoor restrooms, fire pits, free firewood, trails, picnic tables, and small dinosaur museum complete with fossils
- 99 sites (14 sites with power)
- New dual public sani-dump
- Dinosaur themed playground, horseshoe pits, frisbee golf course, walking trails to dinosaur bone bed
- Fire pits and free firewood
- Group camping with shelter and wood stove, power for 10 units.
- Non-potable water