Wellington Resource Centre
2017 Clairmont Volunteer of the Year Award
Do you know someone that exhibits dedication and excellence in volunteerism or has made a positive difference in the lives of others or the community? Nominate them for the 2017 Clairmont Volunteer of the Year Award!
The award recipient will receive a $100 gift card, Certificate of Appreciation and their name placed on the Volunteer of the Year Award plaque displayed at the Wellington Resource Centre.
The deadline to submit nomination forms is April 14, 2017. Email the nomination form [PDF - 164 KB] to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop if off in person at the Wellington Resource Centre located at 10407 - 97 Street in Clairmont. For more information, contact the Wellington Resource Centre at email@example.com or 780-567-2843.
About the Wellington Resource Centre
The Wellington Resource Centre (WRC), attached to the Clairmont Community School located at 10407 97 Street in Clairmont, is a partnership between Peace Wapiti School Division 76 and the County of Grande Prairie. Programs offered by Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) in the WRC focus on promoting the healthy development of children and families; and improving the quality of life for families, seniors, youth, children and adults.
For information on room availability and other important event information, view the WRC calendar. [PDF - 394 KB]
Programs for adults, families and children:
Parent and Tots
- Thursdays 10 am to Noon
- Drop in. Admission is free
- Open to children ages 0-6 and caregivers
Alberta Health Services Immunization Program
- Second Tuesday of every month
- For appointment, call the Health Unit at 780-513-7500
Parent Link Programs
Books for Babies
- Family literacy program
SPRCL Adult Learning Opportunities
- Computer basics, first aid, scrapbooking
- Applications accepted in November
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Provides income tax services to low income residents
Programs and services available for the retired or semi-retired:
- Referral services and advocacy for seniors
- Assistance completing government forms including AOS, CPP, and GIS applications
- Assistance completing Alberta Special Needs applications
- Home support services through County of Grande Prairie FCSS
Other one-stop services:
- Information and referral services to various agencies and programs
- Resume faxing and printing
Multi-purpose room and office space for non-profit and community groups:
- Free for non-profit and community groups
- Ideal for meetings, training, seminars, exercises, crafts and more (no birthday parties)
- To book multi-purpose room or office space, call the Wellington Resource Centre at 780-567-2843
Ideas for new opportunities and programs are always welcome!