The Agricultural Service Board has the following equipment available for rent to County of Grande Prairie ratepayers on a first-come, first-served basis.
All rental equipment requires a $200 deposit. The renter must have a minimum $1 million dollar liability insurance on vehicle and farm land.
Tree Planter - $15 per day plus tax
- Make sure the area where you plan to plant is thoroughly cultivated
- Two people sit on machine, while unit moves slowly forward, allowing planting of large amounts of seedlings
- Has both a 2" ball hitch and U-hitch
- Has hydraulic hook ups
- No safety light hook-up for transporting
Mulch Roller Applicator - $15 per day plus tax
- After planting seedlings, you can use the mulch roller to cover the soil with a thin layer of plastic
- The plastic barrier reduces weed competition and wicks moisture to seedlings.
- Plastic mulch must be purchased by the landowner from a supplier
- Has a 2" ball hitch
- Has hydraulic hook ups/or compatible with three-point hitch
- No Safety light hook up for transporting
Skid Sprayer - $25 per day plus tax - 2 available
- Requires tie-downs for transportation (2000 pound weight requirement)
- Recommend removing tailgate prior to pickup
- Recommended 3/4 tonne truck
- weighs 600 pounds when empty and approximately 1700 pounds when full
- 36-foot broadcast spray
- 200 gallon tank
- Boomless boom (Ideal for fence lines, small areas, pasture land, acreages. Large droplet sprayer, not designed for spraying a canola crop)
- Manual handreel with 300 foot hose with handwand
Cattle Tag Reader (Gallagher)
Please note that a computer (not included) is needed to operate the Tag Reader and to download information.
Beaver dam removals - $150 plus tax per quarter section (up to three dams) and $65.00 per dam thereafter.
For inquiries, contact the Agriculture Services Department at 780-532-9727.