Economic Development works hard to identify and promote local economic opportunities to improve the quality of life within the region. The department facilitates business retention and expansion within the County and promote investment attraction to the region, as well as, special projects within the jurisdiction and collaborates with regional partners to foster growth and continued development.
The County has experienced exponential growth in the residential sector over the past few years within the Hamlet of Clairmont resulting in a demand for commercial and retail activity. The County in collaboration with developers, property owners and the community have created a community plan for Clairmont which is for a mixed use, sustainable community. Economic Development is focused on promoting and facilitating the influx of commercial and retail activity into the community.
The County has a tremendous amount to offer new businesses and residents. We encourage you to consider the benefits of locating your business in the County of Grande Prairie.
Some of the reasons we enjoy living and doing business here include:
- An abundance of forest reserves to responsibly meet the needs of a sustainable forest products industry.
- World-class agriculture production supported by exceptional farm land.
- An abundance of land suitable for both industrial and residential development.
- An abundance of clean air and water.
- Unmatched scenery and culturally diverse communities with limitless opportunities for leisure and recreation.
- Regional strength created from policies such as no provincial sales tax and low municipal tax.
- An exceptional quality of life with access to the best amenities, health services and community programs making the Grande Prairie Region an ideal place to raise a family.
Please see our Economic Profile.