Family & Community Support Services
Through a partnership with the Province of Alberta, Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) offers programs and services that allow residents to develop their interests and to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities.
The County's FCSS Department works closely with affiliated FCSS offices in the City of Grande Prairie, the towns of Sexsmith and Beaverlodge, the Village of Hythe and the M.D. of Greenview.
Home Support Program - Caregivers provide in-home care to families and individuals experiencing disruptions to their normal family routine.
Community School Liaison Program - This program provides information and support to families and students who are having trouble at home or at school.
Playschool Program - Various playschool programs throughout the County provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for four-year-olds.
Wellington Resource Centre - Located in the same building as the Clairmont Community School, the Wellington Resource Centre provides family and community programs, courses, multi-purpose rooms, and office space.
FCSS also provides funding to community groups, such as:
- Grande Prairie and Area Council on Aging - Seniors' Outreach
- Odyssey House Project Awareness & Volunteer Program
- PACE - Public Education Program
- RCMP Victims Assistance Programs
- Suicide Prevention Resource Network
- Seniors Outreach in Beaverlodge, LaGlace and Valhalla Centre
- Pregnant & Parenting Teens Program
- John Howard Society-Eureka Program
- Grande Prairie Youth Emergency Shelter
- Grande Prairie & District Grief Support
- West County Adult Day Program
Special Project Funding
Limited funding is available to help implement preventative programs and/or programs designed to improve the quality of life in communities within the County.
For more information or assistance determining which program is best for you, contact Kathleen Turner, Director of FCSS at 780-532-9727.
To learn more about Family and Community Support Services in Alberta visit FCSSAA's website.