Materials Accepted for Waste
- Household garbage
- Clean uncontaminated fill material (sand, dirt, etc.)
County residents will not be charged to dump any of the above waste (with the exception of vehicle bodies and unsecured loads). Effective September 1, 2010 all County residents will need a Landfill Access Tag to use the facility free of charge. Commercial and non-County residents will be charged $95/tonne based on the weight of the load that they are dumping along with the type of material that they are dumping. County residents are able to burn their noxious and prohibited noxious weeds and other weeds at the Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management in the weed firebox.
To avoid littering please cover your loads during transportation.
- Tires or Vehicle bodies from Commercial Companies
- Contaminated Soil
- Liquid Wastes (i.e. sump and septic tank fluids, etc.)
- Weed Seeds or Treated Grain
- Animal Carcasses
- Coated Pipe (i.e. yellow jacket pipe)
- Radioactive Waste
- Biomedical Waste
- Any other waste that is deemed unacceptable by the landfill.
Contact us at:
- County of Grande Prairie No.1 (Public Works Department) - 780-532-7393
- Landfill Information Line - 780-513-3967
- Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management - 780-567-4194
- The West Grande Prairie Regional Landfill - 780-356-0007