Roadside Clean-up Program
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Roadside Clean-up Program. The roadside clean-up program will be taking place between May 6-21, 2017. Please complete the Registration & Commitment Form.pdf [PDF - 51 KB] if your non-profit organization is interested in participating. Deadline to submit your application form is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017.
We ask that all participants either download the Roadside Clean-up package documents by accessing them under Related Links on the right of this page or pick up a package at the Public Works department at 10001 - 84 Avenue, Clairmont, Alberta.
The Roadside Clean-up Program is an annual program that allows non-profit community groups to earn money by picking litter along County roadways and within hamlets. In 2016, because of the efforts from 29 community groups, approx. 200 km of ditches along our County roadways and hamlet areas were cleaned, Over 12 tonnes of litter was collected, and over $35,000 was raised for their programs.
- Review Important Items to Know.pdf [PDF - 43 KB] document
- Participants must be 9 years of age or older, and supervisors must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a non-profit or charitable organization
- Ensure you have a commitment from your group to undertake the project
- Review the area maps, decide on which areas your group can clean and indicate the map numbers on the application form
- Ensure you review all forms and note the specific deadlines. Application forms must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017
- Review and complete the Checklist to Prepare for Clean-up.pdf [PDF - 38 KB] as well as the Checklist on Day of Clean-Up.pdf [PDF - 15 KB]
Safety is important to the County, we ask that all groups print and review the Clean-up Safety Plan.pdf [PDF - 27 KB] and have it on hand the day of clean-up.
The payment amount is $150 per kilometre, however there are some lump sum payment areas. Each map will have the payment amount information included. The volunteers also have the opportunity to take all the waste collected to a designated County bin or closest landfill facility for an additional $200.
For more information, please contact Public Works at 780-532-7393.