Roadside Clean-up Program
Various community groups will be collecting litter from the County’s roadsides and ditches as part of the annual roadside cleanup program which runs from Saturday, May 6 until June 12.
Drivers are advised to watch for cleanup crews, slow down and practice caution. Signs will be posted in the areas of the cleanup and cleanup crews will be wearing high visibility safety vests.
Crews will be on the roadsides on the following days and locations:
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Carriage Lane area:
- Township Road 714 from Range Road 51 to Carriage Lane Drive
- Range Road 54 from Township Road 714 north
La Glace area:
- 101 Avenue
- 100A Street from 101 Avenue to Highway 59
- Range Road 83 from 101 Avenue to Highway 59
- 101 Street
- 99 Avenue from 101 Street to 99 Street
- 99 Street from 97 Avenue to Highway 59
- 98 Avenue from Highway 724 to 99 Street
- 97 Avenue from Highway 724 to 99 Street
- 96A Avenue from Highway 724 west
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Range Road 55 from Highway 43 to 69 Avenue
- 69 Avenue from Range Road 55 to 99 Street
- Range Road 60 from 69 Avenue to Bauman Road
- Bauman Road from Range Road 60 to 84 Avenue
- 98 Street from 69 Avenue to 84 Avenue
- 84 Avenue from 98 Street to 99 Street
Horse Lake Road area:
- Township Road 734 from Range Road 112 to Range Road 120
- Range Road 120 from Township Road 734 to Township Road 740
Flyingshot Lake area:
- Township Road 710 from Range Road 64 to Range Road 71
- Range Road 71 from Township Road 710 to Township Road 712
- Township Road 712 from Range Road 71 to Range Road 64 east
- Township Road 712A from Range Road 64 northeast
Monday, May 22, 2017
- Range Road 62 from 162 Avenue south
- 162 Avenue from Range Road 62 to 101 Street
- 102 Street from 148 Avenue to 162 Avenue
- 156 Avenue from 101 Street to 102A Street
- 101 Street from 140 Avenue to 162 Avenue
View the cleanup locations on our detailed maps. [PDF - 2.1 MB]
About the Roadside Clean-up Program
The Roadside Clean-up Program is an annual program that allows non-profit community groups to earn money by picking litter along County roadways and within hamlets. In 2016, because of the efforts from 29 community groups, over 200 km of ditches along our County roadways and hamlet areas were cleaned, 12 tonnes of litter was collected, and a total of $35,000 was raised for their programs.
Applications forms are available to complete and submit in March of each year with the cleanup taking place in the month of May.
- Review Important Items to Know.pdf [PDF - 43 KB] document
- Participants must be 9 years of age or older, and supervisors must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a non-profit or charitable organization
- Ensure you have a commitment from your group to undertake the project
- Ensure you review all forms and note the specific deadlines.
- Complete Photo Consent Form [PDF - 14 KB] for your group (one form per group) and get a chance to get your group pic in one of our ads
- Review and complete the Checklist to Prepare for Clean-up.pdf [PDF - 38 KB] as well as the Checklist on Day of Clean-Up.pdf [PDF - 15 KB]
Safety is important to the County, we ask that all groups print and review the Clean-up Safety Plan.pdf [PDF - 27 KB] and have it on hand the day of clean-up.
The payment amount is $150 per kilometre, however there are some lump sum payment areas. Each map will have the payment amount information included. The volunteers also have the opportunity to take all the waste collected to a designated County bin for an additional $200.
For more information, please contact Public Works at 780-532-7393.