Roadside Clean-up Program
2018 Roadside Clean-up Program
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 The Roadside Clean-up program. Please complete the Registration & Commitment Form.pdf [PDF - 39 KB] if your non-profit organization is interested in participating.
We ask that all participants either download the Roadside Clean-up package documents by accessing them under Related Links on the right of the page or pick up a package at the Public Works department at 10001 - 84 Avenue, Clairmont, Alberta.
The Roadside Clean-up program is an annual program that allows non-profit community groups to earn money by picking litter along County roadways and within hamlets. In 2017, because of the efforts from 32 community groups, over 200 km of ditches along our County roadways and hamlet areas were cleaned, over 12 tonnes of litter was collected, and a total of $43,000 was raised for their programs.
Applications forms are available to complete and submit in February of each year with the cleanup taking place in the month of May.
- Review Important Items to Know.pdf [PDF - 114 KB] document
- Participants must be 9 years of age or older, and supervisors must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a non-profit or charitable organization
- Ensure you have a commitment from your group to undertake the project
- Ensure you review all forms and note the specific deadlines
- Review and complete the Checklist to Prepare for Clean-up.pdf [PDF - 351 KB] as well as the Checklist on Day of Clean-Up.pdf [PDF - 28 KB]
Safety is important to the County, we ask that all groups print and review the Clean-up Safety Plan.pdf [PDF - 42 KB] and have it on hand the day of clean-up.
The payment amount is $150 per kilometre, however there are some lump sum payment areas. Each map will have the payment amount information included. The volunteers also have the opportunity to take all the waste collected to a designated County bin or nearest landfill for an additional $200.
For more information, please contact Public Works at 780-532-7393.