Competition Number: HR-2017-0048
Job Title: Assessor III
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $81,664 - $104,562
Posted Date: October 11, 2017 3:30 PM
Closing Date: November 03, 2017 4:30 PM
Last Updated Date: November 17, 2017 7:53 AM
The Assessment department is looking for a full time experienced Assessor who will inspect and assess residential, commercial, and farm properties to determine market value.
Are you methodical in your approach to analyzing data? Do you possess excellent oral and written communication skills; initiative; sound judgment; and attention to detail? Are you able to drive throughout the County to inspect properties for assessment purposes? Are you able to talk to people to explain the assessment process, make decisions about assessment and defend those decisions in front of a review board? Are you a skilled mentor/coach for more junior staff? If so, consider joining the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 where as an Assessor you will be given an opportunity make decisions and accept responsibility for them. The successful applicant will possess:
- Post secondary educational institution diploma or degree in assessment or a related field;
- Accreditation as a Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA)
- Mixed evaluation experience, with at least five years experience;
- a valid Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract;
- willingness to travel, particularly in rural areas and occasionally work long and irregular hours to meet deadlines or attend meetings.
- Ability to work 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Candidates who do not hold AMAA designation or with less experience are invited to apply and may be considered at a lower classification and salary level.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit the job opportunities page on our website at www.countygp.ab.ca