Competition Number: HR-2018-0017
Job Title: BBQ Attendant
Department: Parks & Recreation department
Employment Type: Casual, as needed
Salary: $23.30/hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: March 02, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: March 6, 2018 8:12 AM
Seasonal BBQ Attendant
Parks & Recreation department – Community Services division
Closing Date: March 2, 2018 @ 8:30 a.m. or until a suitable candidate is selected
Salary Range: $23.30/hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Schedule: 10 - 15 hours/month, hours/days/times will vary depending on booking times
Term: May – middle of October (approx.)
Position Type: Temporary, casual, non-management positions
The Parks & Recreation department is looking for a causal, temporary part-time team member to operate as our Seasonal BBQ Attendant. This position is required from approximately May – October. This position is casual in nature and our selected candidate will be required to work approximately 10 - 15 hours per month, with the schedule being based on actual BBQ bookings. There are no guarantee of hours. To meet operational needs, hours will vary and you may be required to work additional, or fewer, hours.
Duties will include:
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the BBQ and towing vehicle;
- Scheduling bookings for the BBQ;
- Transporting the BBQ to and from various bookings;
- Overseeing operations of the BBQ during the bookings;
- Providing customer service to renters and event attendees; and
- Reporting concerns to the direct supervisor.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience towing trailers with a vehicle;
- Physically capable for general labour duties;
- Ability to deal with members of the public in a professional manner;
- Willingness to undertake training in order to meet operational requirements.
The successful applicants will be team players with good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. You will be a self-starter who can contribute positively to the team environment.
To apply, please click on the green APPLY button below.
No additional documents available for this post.