Casual Kennel Attendant
Competition Number: HR-2018-0016
Job Title: Casual Kennel Attendant
Department: Regional Enforcement Services department
Employment Type: Casual, as-needed, will include evenings and weekends
Salary: $42,363 - $54,241 per year (based on 35 hr/week)
Posted Date: February 20, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 28, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: March 14, 2018 5:51 PM
Casual Kennel Attendant
Regional Enforcement Services department – Community Services division
Closing Date: February 28, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. or when suitable candidate is found
Schedule: Hours are on a casual, as-needed basis, will vary, and include weekends
Wage: $42,363 - $54,241 per year (based on 35 hr/week)
The Regional Enforcement Services department is looking for a Casual Kennel Attendant to work at the Regional Animal Pound, a partnership between the City of Grande Prairie and the County of Grande Prairie. The Kennel Attendant will, under the supervision of the Poundkeeper, provide care for animals at the pound. They will clean and disinfect kennels, the pound and grounds; maintain animal feeding and hygiene; serve tickets, ensure licenses and tags and collect fees; complete records and documentation related to bylaw and enforcement.
- Secondary school diploma required; post-secondary education in animal sciences and/or bylaw enforcement preferred;
- Animal control, enforcement, pound or shelter related experience preferred;
- Physically fit to undertake labour duties and carry animals/cages up to 40 lbs;
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odours and no allergy to animals;
- Comfortable working alone on occasion;
- Good written communication/documentation skills;
- MS Office skills;
- Knowledge of animal behaviour and breeds;
- Ability to deal with members of the public in a professional manner;
- Must be willing to undertaking training in order to meet operational requirements;
- Availability to work on a casual basis with a flexible and varying schedule;
- Ability to complete and paperwork and maintain records management practices pursuant to the County’s Records Management Policy;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pursuant to the County’s policy and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The successful applicants will be team players with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. You will be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and be able to contribute positively to the team environment.
To apply, please click on the green APPLY button below.