Database Administrator - MSSQL
Competition Number: HR-2017-0050
Job Title: Database Administrator - MSSQL
Department: Information Systems department
Employment Type: Permanent Full time
Salary: $65,891 - $78,112 to start (depending on skills, certification and experience with a review after 6 months)
Posted Date: October 13, 2017 12:00 AM
Closing Date: November 03, 2017 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: November 17, 2017 7:52 AM
Do you love data and want to join a high-performing and fun loving team?
If you're looking for a role that combines your love of IT and new technology, with your problem-solving and communication skills then look no further.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Business Solutions Leader, the Database Administrator - MSSQL assists with the design, development, implementation, integrity and security of all municipal relational databases (including GIS data). This will involve working with various software providers in addition to implementing in-house solutions. When possible, the County of Grande Prairie prefers to purchase off-the-shelf software, but occasionally there is a need to supplement with custom reporting, tools to move data between systems, or custom software.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Performs all database maintenance tasks.
- Diagnoses issues with performance, connections or other database problems.
- Works with the Network Administrator to optimize security, backups, and high availability.
- Designs, implements and maintains databases for applications using a variety of tools including Microsoft
SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SQL, ASP .NET, Python, C#, Visual Basic, Powershell and other technologies as required.
- Prepares and maintains technical documents.
- Provides technical support to users and IS staff with database related issues.
- Contact vendors for technical support.
Maintenance of municipal data
- Provides data to internal and external users.
- Process data from external sources for inclusion in various Municipal projects, including GIS projects.
- Assists with data conversion and processing solutions.
- Monitors projects and task schedules.
- Performs research and makes recommendations.
- Prepares status reports for management use.
- Provides quality assurance services for delivered product.
Please click on the green APPLY button below