Home Support Worker
Competition Number: HR-2017-0044
Job Title: Home Support Worker
Department: Family and Community Support Services department
Employment Type: Casual
Salary: $20.35 – $24.28/hour plus mileage
Posted Date: September 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Closing Date: October 27, 2017 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: November 1, 2017 9:36 AM
Home Support Worker
Family and Community Support Services department – Community Services division
Closing Date: Oct. 27, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. or when a suitable candidate is selected
Salary Range: $20.35 – $24.28/hour plus mileage
Shift: Monday – Friday
Position Type: Casual
Location: Beaverlodge and surrounding area, Clairmont area and Bezanson area
The County of Grande Prairie is seeking a caring and compassionate individual with exceptional customer service skills, who is able to assist individuals and families who require in home support. A passion for people and a willingness to learn is essential in this role.
You must also possess:
- Strong housekeeping and life skills;
- The physical ability to undertake housekeeping duties and stand/walk/climb stairs for extended periods of time;
- Willingness to work with a minimum of four clients (approximately 12 hours/week);
- Ability to participate in meetings, workshops and training for professional development;
- The capability to ensure the client's safety and comfort, which includes promoting the independence and mental well-being of the client in a respectful and compassionate manner;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- A valid class 5 driver's license;
- A reliable vehicle and cell phone to use for work purposes;
- A clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check;
- The ability to maintain confidentiality;
The ability to maintain professional boundaries.
Qualified applicants may apply in confidence via our website at www.countygp.ab.ca.
We thank all applicants for their time however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.