Parks Caretaker - Bear Lake
Competition Number: HR-2017-0056
Job Title: Parks Caretaker - Bear Lake
Department: Parks & Recreation department
Employment Type: Contract
Salary: $18,460 per year
Posted Date: December 11, 2017 12:00 AM
Closing Date: December 27, 2017 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: December 27, 2017 10:36 AM
To support the on-going operation of the Parks & Recreation Department, the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 is seeking a Parks Caretaker for our Bear Lake Campground. Located 23km northwest of Grande Prairie, this campground is on the shores of Bear Lake.
Bear Lake Campground has 19 non-serviced campsites, 1 group overnight camp area, day-use picnic sites along the shore, a hand-launch craft boat launch, two playgrounds, picnic shelter for group rentals, outdoor washrooms, ball diamond, This scenic campground sees a variety of locals and tourists throughout the camping season, which runs from May 15 through to October 15. The Caretaker will be responsible for the complete campground maintenance and, therefore, must enjoy working outdoors and with the public on a daily basis. The Caretaker must reside on site in a County provided mobile home to provide direct customer service. This contract is for a three-year term.
Caretaker duties will include; but are not limited to:
- Campground and day use area cleaning and maintenance; including the buildings, roadways, greenspaces, picnic sites, campsites, and playgrounds
- Cleaning and maintaining washrooms, the group shelter, sani-dump, and all other furniture and facilities within the campground
- Managing daily public access using the park gates.
- Managing the campground customers’ daily arrival and departures, and keeping a satisfactory record of the activity.
- Maintain a family-oriented atmosphere, handling customer requests, and serve as a County ambassador
- Winter operations run from November 1 to April 30th in a limited capacity
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional customer relations and communication skills
- An enjoyment with working outside, and the ability to organize a demanding workload
- Be physically able to perform hard physical labour, and working knowledge of outdoor maintenance
- Ability to perform minor repairs and maintenance on buildings, furniture and fixtures
- Competency in computer use including MS office features
- Proof of clean criminal record and child intervention record
- A Class 5 drivers’ license and an acceptable drivers abstract
- The ability to maintain confidentiality pursuant to FOIP and County policy.
Compensation for this position in addition to the County provided housing benefit, is $12,930 in the summer camping season and $5,530 in the winter season. For additional information, please contact Laurie Barry, Parks Coordinator, at 780-532-9727.
Application deadline is December 27, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on the green APPLY button below.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.