Competition Number: HR-2017-0047
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Department: Corporate Services division
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary: $72,093 - $92,307
Posted Date: October 02, 2017 12:00 AM
Closing Date: October 16, 2017 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: November 21, 2017 11:14 AM
This position is responsible to coordinate procurement activities, including advising on legal implications of competitive bidding, review of vendor contracts, and maintaining procurement processes for all departments.
Key responsibilities include development of RFP and bid documents, specifications, review, and analysis of bids, and creation and review of contracts. Staying current with legislation influencing the procurement function and providing excellent communication across the organization will be essential to success in this role.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management;
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience in a procurement role; an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Supply Chain Management Professional Designation (SCMP) or working towards same;
- Experience in a local government setting is preferred;
- Contract preparation and negotiation experience;
- Advanced computer and organizational skills;
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to develop and explain policies and procedures and lead and motivate others;
- Ability to prioritize and manage work tasks and achieve results within acceptable timeframes;
- Ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and still meet deadlines;
- Tact and sound judgment;
- High degree of accuracy.
Please note: Candidates without the SCMP designation may be considered at a lower compensation level
To apply, please click the green "APPLY" button below.