Seasonal Mower Operator
Competition Number: HR-2018-0011
Job Title: Seasonal Mower Operator
Employment Type: Seasonal, full-time
Salary: $23.30 - $27.80 hourly plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 06, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: March 02, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: February 6, 2018 10:44 AM
Seasonal Mower Operator Agriculture department – Community Services division
Closing Date: March 2, 2018 @ 8:30 a.m. or until suitable candidates are selected
Salary Range: $23.30 - $27.80 hourly
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. w/some evening/weekend/on-call work
Position Type: Temporary, full-time non-management
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Mower Operators for our 2018 summer season which typically runs from May to mid-October (approx.). Mower Operators are responsible for providing roadside and subdivision mowing services.Duties include; but are not limited to:
• Locating mowing sites on a map;
• Loading, transporting, and unloading mower;
• Reviewing local land conditions;
• Operating a large ride-on mower;
• Maintaining mower records (hours, ground condition, mileage mowed);
• Cleaning mowers before leaving site to avoid cross-contamination of weeds;
• Notifying Weed Inspectors and Sprayers of noxious weeks and providing land location;
• Picking weeds, as required;
• Performing basic maintenance and repairs to the mower;
• Seeding ditches in new construction areas, as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract is required, class 3 preferred;
• Experience operating farm equipment, tractors, side-arm mowers, 3-pt hitch mowers, 3-pt hitch seeders, and hydro-seeders, is preferred;
• Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
• Knowledge of noxious weeds, an asset;
• Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple tasks often at the same time;
• Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
• Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
• Physically fit.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work as there is no bus service to County offices.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.