Seasonal Plant Maintenance Crew
Competition Number: HR-2018-0007
Job Title: Seasonal Plant Maintenance Crew
Department: Parks & Recreation department
Employment Type: Seasonal, full-time
Salary: $21.79 - $26.00/hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 06, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 20, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: February 20, 2018 8:31 AM
Plant Maintenance Crew Member
Parks & Recreation department – Community Services division
Closing Date: February 20, 2018 @ 8:30 a.m. or until a suitable candidate is found
Salary Range: $21.79 - $26.00/hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with some evening/weekend/on call work as required
Term: May – October (approx.)
Position Type: Temporary, full-time, non-management positions
The Parks & Recreation department is looking for a temporary, full-time staff member for plant maintenance. Working on their own and as a part of a crew, duties include:
Rural estates and hamlet maintenance
- Brush cutting;
- Painting; and
- Rural estates and hamlet maintenance
- Site clean-up
- Litter clean-up
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and acceptable driver's abstract;
- Experience pulling trailers, and operating one ton truck with dump box, an asset;
- 1 year of experience operating lawn maintenance equipment;
- Physically capable for general labour duties;
- Ability to deal with members of the public in a professional manner;
- Willingness to undertake training in order to meet operational requirements.
The successful applicants will be team players with good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. You will be a self-starter who can contribute positively to the team environment.
To apply, please click on the gree "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
No additional documents available for this post.