COVID-19 Information for Campgrounds and Parks
The County of Grande Prairie is committed to following Provincial and AHS guidelines for operating municipal campgrounds during the 2020 season. Responsibilities and recommendations are subject to change. This information applies to Demmitt, Hommy, Pipestone Creek, Bear Lake and Kleksun Hill campgrounds.
Guest Responsibilities (Code of Conduct): As of June 1, 2020:
- This information constitutes a Code of Conduct
- All overnight guests and day use visitors are reasonable for their own health and wellbeing, and are required to follow COVID-19 signs and protocols at all times
- Persons displaying any symptoms of illness will not be permitted to stay overnight or access day use areas
- Person making the camping reservation is responsible for ensuring that all members of the household are aware of the COVID-19 protocols in place
- 2m (6ft) physical distancing must be respected in all areas of the campground & day use, unless from same household
- No group gatherings of more than 50 people in any area
- Campers are encouraged to stay in their own camp site unless using park amenities
- Visitors (non-registered guests) are not recommended at your camp site
- Bring own soap, water and hand sanitizer to use after using high touch surfaces in the campground
- Bring a sheet or cloth for your picnic table. Tables will be cleaned with anti-viral product between overnight guests.
- Some campsites have been closed to ensure physical distancing (e.g. double sites)
- Prepaid reservations encouraged at all locations; use online reservation for Pipestone.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures of high touch surfaces will be in place
- Open: outhouses, garbage, sani-dump (where provided), tenting, non potable water
- Closed: showers at Pipestone, playgrounds, cookhouses & group shelters
Out of Province Guests are permitted:
- Same or lower incidences of COVID-19 in BC & Saskatchewan as in Alberta
Group camping is not permitted at this time:
- Does not support the requirements to maintain 2m (6ft) physical distancing
Please call the individual campground to make your reservation. View our complete County Campground Relaunch Plan PUBLIC FINAL May 27.pdf [PDF - 211 KB]