Campgrounds in the County of Grande Prairie will be available for overnight camping on June 1. This announcement is in line with Government of Alberta directions on re-opening economic and social activity laid out on Thursday, April 30.
Day use areas are available for public use between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Restrictions will be in place at all County campgrounds and parks in sync with recommendations set out by the Province and will be updated as information becomes available.
The current restrictions include:
- A maximum of 100 people per gathering practicing 2m physical distancing
- Practicing 2m (6ft) physical distancing
- Practicing enhanced personal hygiene when using outhouses
- Do not use the campgrounds and parks if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Do not use the campgrounds and parks if you have travelled outside of the country within 14 days
Where is Hommy Park?
Located on the north bank of the Beaverlodge River, 8 km northwest of Beaverlodge, 1 km west off Hwy #43.
Site Contact: Shelna
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $36.00/night per campsite, telephone reservations now available. Occupancy permitted at each campsite is one hard sided camping unit, one tent (site permitting) and one vehicle. Exclusive rental of the shelter and group use day area is $100.00 / day or $50.00 per half day. Point of sale is now available on site. We accept: debit, credit card (Visa or M/C) or by cash. Sorry, no American Express or cheques.
- Onsite caretaker year round
- 23 powered sites
- Group day use area with shelter
- Playground, trails, ball diamond, outdoor restrooms, non-potable water available from tap (winterized September 24, 2019), firepits and free firewood
New surfacing for the playground and improved drainage - date to be determined.