Kleskun Hill Campground
Winter Hours in Effect: As of October 15, 2019, Kleskun Hill Park is open for day use on weekends only, from 8:30am - 4:00pm on Saturday and Sundays until May 14, 2020. Winter day users are welcome to enjoy our parks for hikes, snowshoeing, weiner roasts. Sorry, no group cookhouse at Kleskun. Please note that all County Parks require dogs to be on leash at all times. Thank you.
Capture a glimpse of the northernmost badlands at Kleskun Hill Campground, located adjacent to the Kleskun Hill Natural Area and the Kleskun Hill Historical Village. Explore the fascinating cacti, native grasslands and land formations left behind after the ice age, step back in time at the historic village, or just relax while you enjoy the roar of an open fire.
The historic village contains a rentable hall and church for private functions which is managed by the Kleskun Hill Museum Society.
Located 20 km northeast of Grande Prairie on Hwy #43, turn north on Range Road 41 for 4 km. Follow signs to the campground.
Site Contact: Christa
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $26.00/night per campsite, telephone reservations accepted. Occupancy permitted at each campsite is one hard sided camping unit, one tent (space permitting) and one vehicle. All payments can be made by point of sale on site: debit, credit card (Visa or M/C) or cash are accepted. Sorry, we do not accept American Express or cheques.
- Onsite caretaker year round
- Nine sites, no hook-ups
- Nature-themed playground
- Non potable water available from a tap (winterized September 24, 2019)
- Restrooms with showers (winterized September 24, 2019), walking trails in the natural area, historical village with hall rental available, two playgrounds, firepits and free firewood.
- To book the hall or church, please call: Marlaine with the Historical Society at 780-831-4130. It is managed separately from the campground.
New for 2019
Telephone reservations are now accepted for block bookings of individual campsites. Payment can now be made over the phone via credit card. Please call the Park Host at the number above.
- Campgrounds & Parks Regulations & Etiquette
- Golf Courses in the County
- Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association