Kleskun Hill Campground
Campgrounds in the County of Grande Prairie will be available for overnight camping on June 1. This announcement is in line with Government of Alberta directions on re-opening economic and social activity laid out on Thursday, April 30.
Day use areas are available for public use between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m
Some restrictions will be in place at all County campgrounds and parks in sync with recommendations set out by the Province and will be updated as information becomes available.
The current restrictions include:
- A maximum of 100 people per gathering practicing 2m physical distancing
- Practicing 2m (6ft) physical distancing
- Practicing enhanced personal hygiene when using outhouses
- Do not use the campgrounds and parks if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Do not use the campgrounds and parks if you have travelled outside of the country within 14 days
Why visit Kleskun Hill?
Capture a glimpse of the northernmost badlands at Kleskun Hill Campground, located adjacent to the Kleskun Hill Natural Area and the Kleskun Hill Historical Village. Explore the fascinating cacti, native grasslands and land formations left behind after the ice age, step back in time at the historic village, or just relax while you enjoy the roar of an open fire.
The historic village contains a rentable hall and church for private functions which is managed by the Kleskun Hill Museum Society.
Located 20 km northeast of Grande Prairie on Hwy #43, turn north on Range Road 41 for 4 km. Follow signs to the campground.
Site Contact: Christa
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $26.00/night per campsite, telephone reservations accepted. Occupancy permitted at each campsite is one hard sided camping unit, one tent (space permitting) and one vehicle. All payments can be made by point of sale on site: debit, credit card (Visa or M/C) or cash are accepted. Sorry, we do not accept American Express or cheques.
- Onsite caretaker year round
- Nine sites, no hook-ups
- Nature-themed playground
- Non potable water available from a tap (winterized September 24, 2019)
- Restrooms with showers (winterized September 24, 2019), walking trails in the natural area, historical village with hall rental available, two playgrounds, firepits and free firewood.
- To book the hall or church, please call: Marlaine with the Historical Society at 780-831-4130. It is managed separately from the campground.
- Campgrounds & Parks Regulations & Etiquette
- Golf Courses in the County
- Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association