Kleskun Hill Campground
Capture a glimpse of the northernmost badlands at Kleskun Hill Campground, located adjacent to the Kleskun Hill Natural Area and the Kleskun Hill Historical Village. Explore the fascinating cacti, native grasslands and land formations left behind after the ice age, step back in time at the historic village, or just relax while you enjoy the roar of an open fire.
The historic village contains a rentable hall and church for private functions which is managed by the Kleskun Hill Museum Society.
Located 20 km northeast of Grande Prairie on Hwy #43, turn north on Range Road 41 for 4 km. Follow signs to the campground.
Site Contact: Wendy
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $26.00/night per campsite, Occupancy permitted at each campsite is one camping unit and one vehicle. For individual campsites, payment is accepted in cash only. All payments can be made by point of sale on site. Debit, credit card (Visa or M/C) or cash is accepted. Sorry, we do not accept American Express and No cheques.
- Onsite caretaker year round
- Nine sites, no hook-ups
- Nature-themed playground
- Non potable water available from a tap
- Restrooms with showers, walking trails in the natural area, historical village with hall rental available, two playgrounds, firepits and free firewood.
- To book the hall or church, please call: Lynn w/the Historical Society at 780-567-2221. It is managed separately from the campground.
New for 2019
Telephone reservations are now accepted for block bookings of individual campsites. Payment can now be made over the phone via credit card. Please call the Park Host at the number above.
Site fixtures (picnic benches, firepits, etc) will be refurnished as required. Expected completion May/June of 2019.
Improvements are also planned for the Day Use area. Expected completion is May/June of 2019.
- Group Overnight Camping & Day-Use
- Campgrounds & Parks Regulations & Etiquette
- Golf Courses in the County
- Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association