Old Bezanson Townsite
Along the banks of the Smoky River, just 12 km southeast of Bezanson is the Old Bezanson Townsite and what remains of the dream of A.M. Bezanson. In the early 1900s, he started building a city here in anticipation of the rail link. When the line passed through Grande Prairie instead, the Old Bezanson Townsite building footprints is all that remained of his legacy.
Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (summer only). Group overnight camping by reservation only provides for the exclusive use of the campground only.
Site Contact: Dana
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $100.00/night per group rental; $50.00/Group Day Use. Payment is accepted in cash, debit, or credit card only. No cheques. Call the County office for all Bookings at (780) 518-2591.
- Group Day Use is available
- Off site Caretaker
- Group overnight camping available by reservation only.
- Fire pits, picnic tables, outdoor restrooms, playground and shelter with wood stove, historical information, and walking trails
- No power or potable water
- County camping cancellation policy applies
Planned for 2019:
A re-vamp of the group camping rental area is proposed, and once actioned there will be a new road in, new group firepit and picnic tables. Also planned are enhancements to the day use infrastructure. Expected completion date to be announced.