Pipestone Creek Campground
Online reservations at Pipestone open January 1, 2020. If you are booking a group use area for 2020 you can make the reservation online. You will be contacted by our Park Host to discuss the new Event & Group Use agreement which must be signed 60 days prior to arrival as a condition of this rental.
Winter Hours in Effect: As of October 16, 2019, Pipestone Park is open for day use on weekends only, from 8:30am - 4:00pm on Saturday and Sundays until May 14, 2020. Winter day users are welcome to enjoy our parks for hikes, snowshoeing, weiner roasts - group cookhouse available at Pipestone for private rental or spontaneous use. Call the Park Host for details. Please note that all County Parks require dogs to be on leash at all times. Thank you.
- 19 new power sites for 2019 = 35 power sites total!
- Book individual campsites in advance up to October 15, 2019
- View a map that shows the location of each available site
- Read about individual site sizes, occupancy, and available amenities. Your reservation permits one camping unit and one vehicle per campsite.
- Select and reserve a campsite according to your own needs and preferences
- Pay your fees online via Visa or MasterCard.
- Onsite kiosk for bookings and payment with Visa or Mastercard. (Prepaid Visa card are not compatible with the system)
- See Online Reservation Guidelines for further details,
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please log back into the software and use the self-cancel function. Full details available here [PDF - 203 KB].
The online reservation system for Pipestone Creek Campground was launched as a pilot program in 2017 and will continue for the 2019 campground season. The County is currently evaluating the merits of launching the system at other campgrounds in the future.
About Pipestone Creek Campground
A dramatic drive down the river valley where Pipestone Creek meets the Wapiti River lies the hidden valley of Pipestone Creek Campground. Located along the Wapiti River, near one of the richest areas for dinosaur fossils in western Canada, and the largest site in the world for Pachyrhinosaurus fossils.
Thanks to this ultra-rich fossil bone-bed, Wembley is proud to be the home of the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum.
The park is located just 16 kilometres south of Wembley. Head west on Hwy #43, then south through the Town of Wembley, and follow signs to the park.
During the winter season, Pipestone day use area is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m and offers many outdoor opportunities: fire pits and free firewood, seating areas and tables, plus open spaces ideal for activities such as picnics, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking.
Site Contact: Larry and Betty
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $26.00/night per campsite (unserviced); $36.00/night per campsite (powered). Occupancy is one hard sided camping unit, one tent and one vehicle per site. Overflow parking is available in the Park. There is a $10.00 online reservation fee per stay booked.
$360.00/night for Group Overnight Area #1 (includes ten powered sites, group cook shelter, outdoor toilets, group firepit, small playground and non-potable water on site.
$130/night for the 1st five units for Group Overnight Area #2, each additional unit is $26/night up to a maximum of 10 units total. (Includes group Firepit, picnic tables.
Group Day Use Area #2 (Lower area): $250/day or $125 per 6 hours rented. The area includes: Group firepit area, picnic tables throughout, COMING 2019- a Gazebo structure.
- On-site caretaker year round
- Day use area with playground, outdoor restrooms, fire pits, free firewood, trails, picnic tables, and a small dinosaur museum complete with fossils
- 99 sites (35 sites with power)
- Dual public sani-dump
- Dinosaur themed playground, walking trails to dinosaur bone bed
- Fire pits and free firewood
- Group camping with shelter and wood stove, power for ten units.
- Non-potable water (winterized September 24, 2019)
- Showers - no charge (winterized September 24, 2019)
Coming Fall 2019:
New gazebo structure in Group Day Use area #2 on lower bench
New Group Day Use Shelter and rental Area #1 by day use parking lot.