Pipestone Creek Campground
As of January 3rd, 2019 individual and group reservations can be made for the entire 2019 camping season ending October 15, 2019.
The Group 1 Shelter can now be rented for Winter event use - please call 780-766-2391 for further information.
The next time you plan to camp at Pipestone Creek Campground, you won’t need to drive out mid-week to secure your spot! Instead, book your site from the convenience of your home or smart device on our new online reservation system!
- Book individual campsites in advance up to October 15, 2019
- View a map that shows the location of each available site
- Read about individual site sizes, occupancy, and available amenities. Your reservation permits one camping unit and one vehicle per campsite.
- Select and reserve a campsite according to your own needs and preferences
- Pay your fees online via Visa or MasterCard.
- Onsite kiosk for bookings and payment with Visa or Mastercard. (Prepaid Visa card are not compatible with the system)
- See Online Reservation Guidelines for further details,
The online reservation system for Pipestone Creek Campground was launched as a pilot program in 2017 and will continue for the 2019 campground season. The County is currently evaluating the merits of launching the system at other campgrounds in the future.
About Pipestone Creek Campground
A dramatic drive down the river valley where Pipestone Creek meets the Wapiti River lies the hidden valley of Pipestone Creek Campground. Located along the Wapiti River, near one of the richest areas for dinosaur fossils in western Canada, and the largest site in the world for Pachyrhinosaurus fossils.
Thanks to this ultra-rich fossil bone-bed, Wembley is proud to be the home of the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum.
The park is located just 16 kilometres south of Wembley. Head west on Hwy #43, then south through the Town of Wembley, and follow signs to the park.
During the winter season, Pipestone day use area is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m and offers many outdoor opportunities: fire pits and free firewood, seating areas and tables, plus open spaces ideal for activities such as picnics, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking.
Site Contact: Larry and Betty
Season: May 15 to October 15
Rates: $26.00/night per campsite (unserviced); $36.00/night per campsite (powered). Occupancy is one camping unit and one vehicle per site. Overflow parking is available in the Park.
$360.00/night for Group Overnight Area #1 (includes ten powered sites, group cook shelter, outdoor toilets, group firepit, small playground and non-potable water on site.
$130/night for the 1st five units for Group Overnight Area #2, each additional unit is $26/night up to a maximum of 10 units total. (Includes group Firepit, picnic tables.
Group Day Use Area #2 (Lower area): $250/day or $125 per 6 hours rented. The area includes: Group firepit area, picnic tables throughout, NEW for 2019- a Gazebo structure.
**New for 2019(available in May/June of 2019): Group Day Use area #1(upper area off of Main parking lot) Shelter w/picnic tables and group firepit or stove in shelter? Once completed, rental will be $100/day or $50/half day. Please check website for when available to rent.
- On-site caretaker year round
- Day use area with playground, outdoor restrooms, fire pits, free firewood, trails, picnic tables, and a small dinosaur museum complete with fossils
- 99 sites (35 sites with power)
- Dual public sani-dump
- Dinosaur themed playground, walking trails to dinosaur bone bed
- Fire pits and free firewood
- Group camping with shelter and wood stove, power for ten units.
- Non-potable water
New for 2019:
New gazebo structure in Group Day Use area #2 (Lower area)(Expected completion for May/June of 2019).
New Group Day Use Shelter and rental Area #1(Upper area)(To be off Main parking lot, expected completion of May/June of 2019).
New Playground equipment (fitness-themed) and re-vamp of West Day Use area to include new fixtures. (Expected completion August/Sept of 2019 or sooner).
New Day uses furnishing throughout the Park.(Expected completion June/July of 2019 or sooner).