COVID-19 Information: What's Changed with County Events & Services?
The County continues to monitor the situation and make modifications to ensure the safety of the public and our staff, while continuing to provide services.
Access to County facilities has been restricted to the public until further notice. Residents and businesses are encouraged to do business with the County online or by phone at 780-532-9722. If necessary, in-person appointments can be requested.
Council Chambers will be open to the public for Regular Council and Committee Meetings. Social distancing and hygiene protocols will be in place.
Access to the following County facilities has been restricted until further notice:
- Following the Provincial decision to restrict access to Parks facilities, County Parks and Campgrounds are closed to public access until further notice. This includes the Bear Lake, Demmitt, Hommy, Kleskun Hill and Pipestone Creek Parks. The Old Bezanson Townsite is closed for the winter season.
- Administration and Public Works Buildings, located at 10001 - 84 Avenue, Clairmont - by appointment-only
- Community Services Building, located at 10808 100 Avenue, Clairmont - by appointment-only
- Family and Community Support Services Office located at 408, 9915 102 Avenue, Clairmont - by appointment-only
- Wellington Resource Centre, located at 10407 97 Street, Clairmont
- The Elmworth, La Glace and Valhalla Community libraries. Residents can visit each library’s Facebook page for updates on service delivery.
- Shelve and Share located at the Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management
- All County Regional Fire Service facilities including the Clairmont, Dunes, Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek fire stations.
- The Grande Prairie Animal Care Facility, operated with the City of Grande Prairie, will be limiting public access until further notice. For details about other impacts to services, visit the Grande Prairie Animal Care Facility page.
Other facility closures:
- The Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum. Guests who have booked events are advised to contact their Visitor Services department at 587-771-0662.
- Crosslink County Sportsplex. Guests with questions about Motion Fitness are encouraged to contact them directly at 780-830-3880.
Events, Programs and Services
Family and Community Support Services
- Home Support Services have been suspended until further notice. Questions can be directed to Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) at 780-567-5586.
- Parents or students within the County of Grande Prairie needing support are encouraged to reach out to 780-567-5586 to be connected to their Community School Liaison by phone.
- Clairmont residents who need support from the Clairmont location of the Sexsmith and Area Food Bank are encouraged to contact the Wellington Resource Centre at 780-567-2843 or email email@example.com to complete their intake by phone.
- Both locations of the Seniors Walk and Talk Program, Knelsen Centre and the Crosslink County Sportsplex, have been postponed until further notice.
Burning & Fire Permits
A fire advisory has been issued. Regional Fire Service requests only essential burning take place. Residents seeking fire permits, who live in the white or yellow fire burning zones, can apply online or by phone at 780-532-9727. Residents living in a County Hamlet, subdivision or restricted burning zone (red zone) can call Regional Fire Service at 780-532-9727 to discuss. Fire Burning Zones can be found here.
- The Municipal Planning Commission Meeting scheduled for March 24 has been cancelled, to be rescheduled in the future.
- Upcoming Spring Gardening Workshops have been cancelled. This includes the Heritage Tomato Seeding Workshop scheduled for March 30, Raised Bed Workshop scheduled for April 15, and Northern Gardening Workshop scheduled for May 6. Refunds will be issued to those who registered.
- The Farm Family Banquet planned for March 13 has been postponed until further notice.
- The Landowner Open House for Watershed Funding Opportunities scheduled for March 18, has been postponed until further notice.