COVID-19 Information: What is the County Doing?
The County continues to make modifications to ensure the safety of the public and our staff while continuing to provide services. Read details below:
Visiting County Facilities
The public is encouraged to continue to contact the County by phone or online, including online bill payments, applications and more.
The following guidelines will be in place for those visiting County facilities:
- There will be a limit of five visitors in the front reception areas of the Administration and Public Works buildings, four visitors in the reception area of the FCSS Office, and three patrons at the Community Services Building
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering and exiting the building
- Maintain 2 m / 6 ft physical distance from others
- Disposable face masks are available
- Do not enter the building if you have travelled outside of Canada within 14 days or are experiencing flu-like symptoms
Enhanced cleaning is in place at County facilities.
Property taxes were due June 30, 2020. County Council approved waiving penalties for late payment of property taxes until October 30, 2020. Payments made after October 30 will be subject to a twelve percent (12%) penalty.
Your Tax Account can be accessed online and property taxes can be paid in the following ways:
- By credit card (Visa and MasterCard) online at www.countygp.ab.ca/propertytaxes (subject to a 2.2 per cent convenience fee)
- At a bank or through online banking
- In-person at the County Administration Building
Programs & Services
- Permit applications can be made in-person at the Administration Building.
- Applications for subdivisions, development agreements, municipal addressing, development permits, safety codes permits, and compliance requests are being reviewed as normal. To send applications or contact Planning and Development Services, email email@example.com or call 780-513-3950.
- Staff are monitoring emails and phone messages to respond to your needs as soon as possible. We ask for your patience as we work to provide the best possible service while doing our part to protect the community and help to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Mail will be quarantined for 24 hours to ensure everyone’s safety.
County of Grande Prairie No.1
10001 - 84 Avenue
- Payment for fees and securities can be made by credit card, by e-transfer on request or in person.
Safety Code Inspections
- Inspectors are following Safety Codes Council and Alberta Health Services public health guidelines, including physical distancing. Inspections may be delayed if required by public health guidelines.
- The most critical inspections are for utility connections and occupancy.
- The focus of inspections is on commercial inspections and residential foundations, framing, rough-ins, etc. Safety code inspections of occupied interior spaces will be delayed wherever possible.
- High-density, multi-family occupancy building inspections may be deferred or postponed.
- Inspections may be completed using photos, video and real-time technology including FaceTime, Skype and Google Duo to limit/avoid personal interaction.
- Existing permits will be extended if inspections cannot occur at this time.
- Event sponsorship requests have been suspended until further notice. Those who previously submitted sponsorship requests are encouraged to email Parks & Recreation when updated information is available.
Family and Community Support Services
- Home Support Services has resumed. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and extra safety measures are in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients. County residents can schedule a Home Support Services assessment by contacting FCSS at 780-532-9727 or by email to Dale Bond, Home Support Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clairmont residents who need support from the Clairmont location of the Sexsmith and Area Food Bank are encouraged to contact the Wellington Resource Centre at 780-567-2843 or email email@example.com to complete their intake by phone.
- Both locations of the Seniors Walk and Talk Program, Knelsen Centre and the Crosslink County Sportsplex, have been postponed until further notice.
Go to Top