Railway Questions & Concerns

For questions or non-emergency concerns, such as:

  • Condition of property and crossings (e.g. grade crossings, rail ties, etc.)
  • Environment (e.g. vegetation, grass cutting, trees, etc.)
  • Permits and/or flag persons
  • Noise (e.g. whistling)
  • General operations (e.g. train speeds, hours of operation, etc.)

Contact the CN’s Public Inquiry Line (PIL) either by phone at 1-888-888-5909 or by email at contact@cn.ca

For rail related emergency or safety related issues, such as:

  • trespassing on tracks
  • unlawful activity
  • crossing signal defect, etc.

Ccontact CN Police either by email at CNPoliceTipLine@cn.ca (non-urgent suspicious activities) or by phone at 1-800-465-9239 for emergencies.

See attached Public inquires for CN. [PDF - 857 KB] for further details.