Railway Questions & Concerns
For questions or non-emergency concerns, such as:
- Condition of property and crossings (e.g. grade crossings, rail ties, etc.)
- Environment (e.g. vegetation, grass cutting, trees, etc.)
- Permits and/or flag persons
- Noise (e.g. whistling)
- General operations (e.g. train speeds, hours of operation, etc.)
Contact the CN’s Public Inquiry Line (PIL) either by phone at 1-888-888-5909 or by email at email@example.com.
For rail related emergency or safety related issues, such as:
- trespassing on tracks
- unlawful activity
- crossing signal defect, etc.
Ccontact CN Police either by email at CNPoliceTipLine@cn.ca (non-urgent suspicious activities) or by phone at 1-800-465-9239 for emergencies.
See attached Public inquires for CN. [PDF - 857 KB] for further details.