The Agricultural Service Board has the following equipment available for rent to County of Grande Prairie ratepayers on a first-come, first-served basis.
All rental equipment requires a $200 deposit. The renter must have a minimum $1 million dollar liability insurance on vehicle and farm land. Equipment must be returned clean. Triple rinse sprayer, knock clumps of dirt off and pressure wash tree planter and mulch applicator.
Tree Planter - $15 per day plus tax
- Make sure the area where you plan to plant is thoroughly cultivated
- Two people sit on machine, while unit moves slowly forward, allowing planting of large amounts of seedlings
- Has both a 2" ball hitch and U-hitch
- Has hydraulic hook ups
- No safety light hook-up for transporting
Mulch Roller Applicator - $15 per day plus tax
- After planting seedlings, you can use the mulch roller to cover the soil with a thin layer of plastic
- The plastic barrier reduces weed competition and wicks moisture to seedlings.
- Plastic mulch must be purchased by the landowner from a supplier
- Has a 2" ball hitch
- Has hydraulic hook ups/or compatible with three-point hitch
- No Safety light hook up for transporting
Skid Sprayer - $25 per day plus tax
- Requires tie-downs for transportation (2000 pound weight requirement)
- Recommend removing tailgate
- Dimensions - 43" wide, 92" long, 4' high
- Recommend 3/4 tonne truck
- weighs 600 pounds when empty and approximately 1700 pounds when full
- 36-foot broadcast spray
- 200 gallon tank
- Boomless boom (Ideal for fence lines, small areas, pasture land, acreages. Large droplet sprayer, not designed for spraying a canola crop)
- Manual handreel with 300 foot hose with handwand
Cattle Tag Reader (Gallagher)
Please note that a computer (not included) is needed to operate the Tag Reader and to download information.
Beaver dam removals - $150 plus tax per quarter section (up to three dams) and $65.00 per dam thereafter.
For inquiries, contact the Agriculture Services Department at 780-532-9727.