Home Support Program
The Home Support Program is a partnership between the County and the Provincial FCSS that provides practical in-home care to individuals and families experiencing disruptions of normal family routine. It also provides information and referral to other programs and agencies in the Grande Prairie area. The Home Support Program serves the residents of the County including all Hamlets as well as the Towns of Beaverlodge and Wembley.
Home Support Workers are committed to providing you with high quality, confidential, non-discriminatory home support services. They are trained, skilled workers who provide a high standard of care. Our Home Support Workers are recruited for their caring, compassionate nature. They provide practical in-home support to families and individuals experiencing disruptions of normal family routine. They can help in situations such as:
- Pre or post-natal home care
- Supplemental care for seniors
- Pre or post-hospitalization
- Home management assistance
- Emotional stress
- Long and short-term illness
Home Support Workers will:
- Perform light housekeeping
- Provide meal preparation
- Home management and budgeting
- Drive clients to appointments and shopping
- Provide respite for caregivers of ill or special needs people
- Provide companioning
The fee for these services is based on a sliding scale, and is determined by income. There is no charge for an assessment.
To arrange a home assessment, contact Dale Bond, Home Support Coordinator, at 780-532-9727, or by email.