Fire Ban Information
FIRE BAN ORDER:
EFFECTIVE MAY 22,2019 at 14:00 Hrs.
The following municipalities are included in the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 fire ban: Towns of Beaverlodge, Sexsmith, Wembley and the Village of Hythe.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 12 OF BYLAW #2924 OF THE COUNTY OF GRANDE PRAIRIE NO.1:
Due to the extreme dry conditions within the County of Grande Prairie No. 1,Effective May 22, 2019 at 14:00 Hrs. a County-wide fire ban will be in effect.
THIS ORDER WILL:
* SUSPEND ALL FIRE PERMITS CURRENTLY ISSUED;
* REQUIRE ALL OUTDOOR FIRES PRESENTLY BURNING WHETHER SET UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF A FIRE
PERMIT OR NOT, EXTINGUISHED;
* PROHIBIT THE LIGHTING OF ALL OUTDOOR FIRES;
* PROHIBIT THE LIGHTING OF BURNING BARRELS
* PROHIBIT WOOD FIRES IN ENGINEERED FACILITIES IN CAMPGROUNDS
* FIRES USING CHARCOAL BRIQUETTES, TURKEY FRYERS AND TIKI TORCHES
* PROHIBIT THE LIGHTING AND DISPLAY OF FIREWORKS:
* PROHIBIT THE LIGHTING OF ANY FIRES IN COUNTY OPERATED PARKS & CAMPGROUNDS.
Any existing permits in the County of Grande Prairie No.1 are now void and no new fire permits will be issued. All fires currently burning must be extinguished immediately.
Under Bylaw #2924, all fires are banned in the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 until further notice. Examples of banned fire products and practices include charcoal briquettes, open outdoor fires, open pit burning, cooking fires, burning refuse, brush piles and stubble.
The following outlines the application of the County fire ban on oilfield flaring.
> NO open pit flaring.
> Fires contained in industrial facilities or on industrial sites approved by a forest officer or fire guardian.
Failure to comply with this ban could result in prosecution.
If you are unsure how this ban may affect you, contact the County of Grande Prairie No. 1 Fire Protection Office at (780) 532-9727.
For safe burning practices, visit the County website at countygp.ab.ca.