Spark Your Career. Ignite Your Future.
Now Recruiting NFPA Certified Firefighters - Dunes & Clairmont Stations
Take the next step in your firefighting career and join the County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service as a paid Part-Time Firefighter.
Challenge yourself and gain diverse municipal firefighting experience while living in one of the most economically vibrant and picturesque regions of Alberta, Canada.
Have your questions answered.
County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service
Recruitment Information Session
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. MST
Join Us In Person:
County of Grande Prairie
Clairmont Fire Station
10808 100 Ave.
Live Streaming on Facebook:
For more information about the application process, download the Application Process Overview 2019 [PDF - 133 KB]
Friday, March 15, 2019 document review complete and notification to the applicant of next stage
Friday, April 5, 2019 applicant board interviews
Saturday, April 6, 2019 a.m. ergometrics testing and Fire Service aptitude exam
Saturday, April 6, 2019 p.m. applicant board interviews
Sunday, April 7, 2019 board interviews continued and out of town applicant physical demands testing
Saturday April 13,2019 local applicant physical demands testing
Wednesday April 24,2019 selection committee to review and rank candidates and create eligibility list, successful applicants will be notified by phone no later than April 26,2019
June 1-7, 2019 Recruit School at Dunes Training School 07:00 to 19:00 hrs.
What We Offer
- Your start to a rewarding career as a professional firefighter, working part-time with a great team.
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage.
- Continued education and hands-on experience.
What We Expect
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- A minimum commitment of 48 hours (4 X 12hr shifts) per month
- For new part-time recruits (7 x 12hr) days mandatory recruit training
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current Driver's License minimum Alberta 3Q Non-GDL or an equivalent license from another jurisdiction
- Drivers Abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record
- Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Checks
- NFPA 1001 Level 2 certification
- NFPA 472 Awareness and Operations certifications
- EMR/MFR training with valid standard first aid or registered EMS Practitioner
- Valid level "C" Health care provider CPR
- ICS 100
- Must be able to pass a standard medical for the performance of firefighting duties