What We Offer:
- Your start to a rewarding career as a professional firefighter, working part-time with a great team.
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage.
- Continued education and hands-on experience.
What We Expect:
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- A minimum commitment of 48 hours (4x12 hour shifts) per month
- For new part-time recruits, (7 x 12 hour) days mandatory recruit training
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current, Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- ICS 100
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 Awareness and Operation Certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder or higher
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved psychologist