Are you ready to make a difference, take on a challenge, and start your firefighting career? Apply to become a firefighter! The deadline to apply is Friday, July 13, 2018.
The County’s Regional Fire Service is recruiting paid on call firefighters based out of the Clairmont and Dunes stations.
What We Offer
- Your start to a rewarding career as a professional firefighter, working part-time with a great time
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage
- Continued education and hands on experience
What We Expect
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- A minimum commitment of 48 hours (four shifts) per month
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current Alberta Driver's License
- Drivers Abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record
- Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Checks
- NFPA 1001 Level 2 certification
- NFPA 1002 Pump A certifications
- Recognized EMR/MFR or higher
What’s the difference between paid on call firefighting at the Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek stations versus at the Clairmont and the Dunes station?
Paid on call firefighters for the Clairmont and Dunes stations are expected to have experience, a certain level of qualifications and commit to more hours per month. You can find more detailed information about paid on call firefighting for the Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek fire stations on our website, or contact the Regional Fire Service at 780-532-9727 for more information.
Interested in becoming a paid on call firefighter for the County Regional Fire Service?
For more information contact the County Regional Fire Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-532-9727.
Interested in learning more about the other fire stations in the area?
Town of Beaverlodge
Stan Metcalf, Fire Chief
E: email@example.com C: 780-933-8168
Town of Sexsmith
Jason Nesbitt, Acting District Fire Chief
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 780-568-3381
Town of Wembley
Matt Smith, Fire Chief
E: email@example.com C: 780-814-2453
Village of Hythe
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 780-296-3459