Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek Fire Stations
Are you ready to make a difference in your community, take on a challenge, and be part of a team? Apply to become a firefighter!
The County’s Regional Fire Service has paid on call firefighters based out of the stations in Bezanson, Teepee Creek and La Glace. If you’re looking for a way to give back to your these communities and earn firefighting certifications while committing to a shifts each month, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What We Offer
- The ability to help your community and network, and be part of a great team atmosphere
- Professional firefighter certification education valued at $12,000 which is transferable anywhere in North America
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage
What We Expect
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- 3 hours of weekly training\practice nights
A minimum of one Saturday per month
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current Alberta Driver's License
- Drivers Abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record
- Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check
- A willingness to train to NFPA 1001 Level 2 certification
- No experience is necessary
What’s the difference between paid on call firefighting at the Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek stations versus at the Clairmont and the Dunes station?
Paid on call firefighters for the Clairmont and Dunes stations are expected to have experience, a certain level of qualifications and commit to more hours per month. You can find more detailed information about paid on call firefighting at the Clairmont and Dunes fire stations on our website, or contact the Regional Fire Service at 780-532-9727 for more information.
Interested in becoming a paid on call firefighter for the County Regional Fire Service?
For more information contact the County Regional Fire Service at email@example.com or 780-532-9727.
Interested in learning more about the other fire stations in the area?
Town of Beaverlodge
Stan Metcalf, Fire Chief
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 780-933-8168
Town of Sexsmith
Jason Nesbitt, Acting District Fire Chief
E: email@example.com C: 780-568-3381
Town of Wembley
Matt Smith, Fire Chief
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 780-814-2453
Village of Hythe
E: email@example.com C: 780-296-3459