Paid Responder Stations: Bezanson, La Glace and Teepee Creek
Ready to make a difference in your community, take on a challenge, and be part of a team? The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is now recruiting paid responders in La Glace, Teepee Creek and Bezanson.
Recruiting now for the La Glace Station! Apply below by March 20 for the next training session. Initial basic training will start shortly after joining the service.
Who are Paid Responders?
Paid responders are part of a trained team that provides fire and rescue services in and around their communities. They are women and men from all walks of life, working in a variety of careers. They are your neighbours, co-workers and friends. They are people who choose to give back to their community. No firefighting experience is necessary.
Paid responders are sometimes also referred to as volunteer firefighters, although the County pays these individuals for training and to respond to emergencies.
What do they do?
Paid responders are paid to respond to emergency calls. The County also provides them with professional-level training and all equipment at no additional personal cost. Training is valued at $20,000 and is transferable anywhere in North America.
How much time is required?
Hands-on training in a variety of scenarios ensures paid on-call firefighters are well-prepared for any emergency. In addition to responding to emergency calls, firefighters practice their skills one 2.5-hour training session per week. Some weekend training is involved. Note: We recognize people have varied personal and work commitments; we offer lots of flexibility and will work with your schedule.
What else do we offer?
- The ability to help your community and network, and be part of a great team atmosphere
- Once completed, your firefighter certification education is transferable anywhere in North America
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage
- Lots of free training, including advanced medical training, basic first aid, driver training, and much more that can transfer over to daily life
- All training is free!
- Meet new people and connect within your community
All paid responder recruits must:
- Live no more than 15 minutes from the fire station
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current Alberta Driver's License
- Have a Drivers Abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record
- Have a Grade 12 education
- Have a RCMP Criminal Record Check
- Have a doctor’s letter confirming you are medically fit to preform firefighting duties
Apply to become a paid responder! We accept applications year-round.
APPLY here: Paid Responder Fire Fighter Application [PDF - 1 MB].
SUBMIT your competed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Station Captain.
QUESTIONS: Contact the County Regional Fire Service at email@example.com or 780-402-9386.
Interested in learning more about the other fire stations in the area?
Town of Sexsmith
Dale Widsten, District Fire Chief
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 780-402-9386
Town of Wembley
Matt Smith, Fire Chief
E: email@example.com C: 780-814-2453
Village of Hythe
E: firstname.lastname@example.org C: 587-343-4414