Part Time Firefighters
Status: We're not currently recruiting part time firefighters.
We are recruiting paid responders.
What We Offer:
- Your start to a rewarding career as a professional firefighter, working part-time with a great team.
- Additional benefits such as WCB coverage and life insurance coverage.
- Continued education and hands-on experience.
What We Expect:
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- A minimum commitment of 48 hours (4x12 hour shifts) per month as per the collective agreement with the County of Grande Prairie Professional Firefighters Association Local 5108.
- For new part-time recruits, (7 x 12 hour) days mandatory recruit training
- All recruits must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current, Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 education
- Pass RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- ICS 100
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 Awareness and Operation Certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder or higher (minimum 80 hours of training).
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service approved psychologist
Becoming a Part Time Firefighter at the Clairmont and Dunes stations!
STATUS: Not currently recruiting part time firefighters.
SUBMIT your competed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASK QUESTIONS: Contact the County Regional Fire Service at email@example.com or 780-532-9727.