Neighbourhood Ice Surfaces Program
Neighbourhood groups can now apply to install and maintain temporary outdoor ice surfaces on municipal reserve land in their subdivision upon successfully completing an application form and meeting specific requirements of the Neighbourhood Ice Surface Program.
The Neighbourhood Ice Surface Program was recently approved by County Council in a Council Meeting in December 2016.
In order for the County to approve the installation of an Neighbourhood Ice Surface, the following requirements must be met include the following. For detailed information, refer to the Neighbourhood Ice Surfaces Program Frequently Asked Questions.
- The completion of the application form [PDF - 692 KB]
- A minimum of four volunteers from the neighbourhood who will commit to installing, maintaining and taking down the ice surface
- The volunteer group responsible for the ice surface must access their own water source to install and maintain the ice surface. The County will facilitate access to Aquatera water infrastructure if available at that site
- A pre-site inspection performed and signed-off by the County to ensure the location meets the requirements outlined in application package
- Site inspection performed by the County upon completion of ice surface installation to ensure requirements are met
- Post-site inspection performed by the County after the surface is dismantled to ensure the area is tidy and there is no damage to the ground
The County is appreciative for this partnership with Aquatera in providing successful applicants that reside in subdivisions with water standpipes on Municipal Reserve land easy access to water to develop and maintain their neighbourhood ice surfaces.
The application form [PDF - 692 KB] can be printed, filled out and returned to via email at email@example.com or alternatively filled out and submitted in person at the Community Services Building located at 10808 - 100 Avenue in Clairmont during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Applications for the Neighbourhood Ice Surface Program will need to be renewed annually.
For further information, refer to the Neighbourhood Ice Surfaces Program Frequently Asked Questions, Neighbourhood Ice Surfaces/K11 Policy [PDF - 759 KB and Best Practices - Neighbourhood Ice Surfaces.pdf [PDF - 1.3 MB] or contact the Parks & Recreation department at 780-532-9727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.