County Sportsplex Pond
The County Sportsplex Pond is located east of the playground at the Crosslink County Sportsplex (7407 - 108 Ave, Clairmont, AB). All persons accessing the pond must observe current AHS guidelines and respect the 2m (6ft) physical distancing at all times, with no groups of more than 15 people.
Fishing at the Sportsplex Pond (open to public May 8, 2020)
- Licence not required for youth under the age of 16
- Licence not required for seniors over the age of 65
- Pond is catch and release only
- Open daily during daylight hours
- You may assist your child in fishing as long as the child is the one primarily fishing.
- Avoid using and accessing the pond during and after rainfall.
- Ice fishing is not allowed
- Stocked with 2,200 rainbow trout by the Alberta Conservation Association (ACA)
- Fishing at the pond follows Alberta Fish and Wildlife Guidelines
Other important information
The County Sportsplex Pond is designed to control stormwater, be advised that storm water levels can change suddenly without notice. Please avoid using the pond during and immediately after periods of rainfall.
Do not release aquarium water, plants or dead or live animals into the pond. Common aquarium plants and animals can become invasive and cause harm to the environment.
Conservation sites are available for recreational access at your own risk. By accessing these properties, you agree that ACA and the County of Grande Prairie are not liable for any injury or damage whatsoever caused to yourself or others irrespective of the cause of injury or damage.
The ACA will be responsible for annually stocking a “put and take” fishery and monitoring dissolved oxygen levels. Angling methods and fish harvest limits are governed by Alberta Sportfishing Regulations. The pond falls within Fish Management Zone 1 – Watershed Unit ES4. The County of Grande Prairie Parks and Recreation department will oversee the pond operations.
For more information, contact Parks and Recreation 780-532-9727.