Landscaping Recognition Program
Get Involved in the Landscaping Recognition Program
The Planning and Development department launched a Landscaping Recognition Program for commercial and industrial businesses in the County in July 2017. The Program’s objective is to encourage higher levels of landscaping cooperation among new and existing businesses, and it features a contest to recognize and celebrate the lot that best meets the landscaping standards set out by the County’s Land Use Bylaw
Nomination forms will be accepted until August 31, 2018, and winners will be chosen in September. Self-nomination is encouraged. More information and nomination forms are available here.
Benefits of Contest Participation
The winning business will receive:
- A free advertisement in local media outlets
- A plaque presented by Councillor Daryl Beeston
- A staff barbeque
- A write-up in the County Connections newsletter
- An advertisement on a banner that will be used by the County at various events throughout 2017 and 2018
All participating businesses will receive free advertising on behalf of the County. This includes space on the County’s website for business descriptions and their landscaping vision, as well as frequent mention of the contest on the County’s social media pages.
Benefits of Landscaping
In addition to the direct benefits participants will receive, some of the advantages of effective landscaping include:
- Enhanced property values
- A healthier and cleaner work environment for employees and customers
- A lot that is complementary to the streetscape and area character
- Respect for environmental values and alignment with company environmental policies
- Self-sustaining and low-maintenance vegetation
- A reduction in overall business costs
Check out this year's winners here.