Oilfield Resources

If you plan to move a rig or construct a wellsite or pipeline within the County, you must first complete and return various forms and permits to our office.

Rig Moves

If you plan to move a drilling or service rig within the County, you must obtain an inspection permit 24 hours in advance of the move at a cost of $400.

Notice of less than 24 hours results in an additional fee of $400.

Well Servicing Notification

The Well Servicing form has been replaced due to a new bylaw for road usage. If you have already been registered click the link below to login:


If you have not been contacted for registration, you don't currently need to notify us.

For more information please contact Deryle Penner, Resource Coordinator, at:

Phone: 780-532-9722 ext. 1293
Fax: 780-539-9871
Email: dpenner@countygp.ab.ca

Crossing the Regional Water Line

If you plan to cross a regional waterline, you must first apply to Aquatera for permission. A map showing regional waterlines [PDF - 93 KB] is available here.

New Wellsite and Pipelines

If you plan to construct a new wellsite or pipeline, you must complete an Approach Agreement form [PDF - 58 KB] and/or a Permit to Cross Highway with a Pipeline form [PDF - 75 KB]. Completed forms, with the designated administration and inspection fees, must be sent to the County office, any time prior to construction, at the following address:

County of Grande Prairie No. 1
Administration Office
10001 - 84 Avenue
Clairmont, AB T8X 5B2

Administration & Inspection Fees

  • Approach Applications: $400.00 per Application
  • Pipeline Crossings: $400.00 per Crossing