Grain Bag & Twine Recycling
Recycle your Twine and Grain Bag at the Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management
Earlier this year, the County began accepting twine and grain bags for recycling at the Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management, as part of a provincial Recycle It! Pilot Program. The program runs until 2022.
If you have grain bags and twine to drop off for recycling, we ask that you follow the steps below to ensure your bags and twine can be accepted.
Grain Bag Recycling
1. SHAKE off as much organic material (spoilage, soil, etc.) as possible. Extremely dirty or loose/unrolled bags may be rejected. If you do not have a landfill access tag, you may have to pay a tipping fee or additional charge upon drop-off (if your material is rejected).
2. ROLL and TIE the bags with twine. Rollers and compactors are available at some Alberta collection sites. For information on these sites visit www.cleanfarms.ca.
3. RETURN the grain bag for recycling.
1. SHAKE as much debris, snow or ice as possible. Do not include the net wrap and make sure twine is knot-free. Excessively dirty twine or knotted twine may be rejected and subject to a landfill tipping fee.
2. Obtain a Cleanfarms recycling BAG from the landfill attendant and place loose twine inside. Poke small holes in the bag to drain water. Secure bag tightly with a twine or zip tie.
3. RETURN the bag for recycling.
For further details about the program, check out the frequently asked questions at https://www.countygp.ab.ca/EN/main/departments/public-works/recycling-waste-management/twine-grain-bag-recycling-frequently-asked-questions.html or call the Clairmont Centre for Recycling and Waste Management at 780-567-4194.