Grain Bag & Twine Recycling
As of January 2020, twine and grain bags can be disposed of at the Clairmont Centre for Recycling & Waste Management. They have received funding from the Government of Alberta to run this program until 2022. Go to the Clairmont Centre for Recycling & Waste Management page for details on location, hours of operation and contact information.
Be sure to reference the following instructions prior to dropping off your grain bags and twine for recycling.
Grain Bag Recycling
1. Please SHAKE off as much organic material (spoilage, dirt, etc.) as possible. Note that excessively dirty or loose/unrolled bags may be rejected. If you do not have a landfill access tag, you may be subject to a tipping fee or additional charges upon drop off.
2. Ensure bags are ROLLED and TIED with twine. Rollers and compactors are available at some Alberta collection sites.
3. RETURN grain bags that are rolled and tied securely to the Clairmont Centre for Recycling & Waste Management for recycling.
1. SHAKE as much debris, snow or ice as possible. Do not include net wrap and ensure twine is knot-free. Note that excessively dirty twine or knotted twins, may be rejected and subject to a landfill tipping fee or additional charges at drop off if you do not provide personnel with a landfill access tag.
2. Obtain Cleanfarms recycling BAG from the landfill attendant. Place loose twine in a Clearnfarms recycling bag. Poke small holes in bag at the bottom to drain water. Secure bag tightly with twin or zip tie.
3. RETURN your bag(s) of twine to the Clairmont Centre for Recycling & Waste Management for recycling.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Other locations where twine can be recycled can be found at www.AlbertaAgPlastics.ca or by contacting Alberta Ag Plastics at 403-942-6012.