Commercial Vehicle Permitting

Commercial trucks traveling with an Alberta Government overload permit or over-dimensional Government Permit must have the permit authorized by the County before travelling on County roads.

All Government permit authorization call 780-532-7393, or complete the online form at

Road ban permits are issued through County Public Works Department at 780-532-7393, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For further information regarding commercial vehicles, visit the Alberta Transportation website at, or call the Grande Prairie Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Office, toll free at 310-0000 (780-538-6444).