Crosslink County Sportsplex
Whether you are looking to drop in for a skate, join a fitness class, keep your child busy, or enrol in one of the many sports leagues offered, the Crosslink County Sportsplex has activities suited for everyone.
Amenities and Services
- Trican Fieldhouse – 50,000 sq. ft. artificial turf ideal for soccer, lacrosse, football and indoor field sports.
- Pat's Auto Rink – Indoor, NHL sized ice arena. Heated seating area.
- Chris McMillan Rink – Indoor, NHL sized ice arena. Heated seating area.
- Happy Trails Track – 240 metre, indoor walking and running track which borders the Trican Fieldhouse.
- Weyerhaeuser Lobby – a large sitting area on the main level of the Sportsplex.
- Motion Fitness – a state-of-the-art fitness facility – is for Sportsplex users, and new and existing Motion Fitness users to enjoy. Their hours of operation are from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. weekdays, and from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekends. For any inquiries, please contact 780-830-3880.
- Players Bench Lounge – the sit-down, fully licensed lounge next to the Front Desk. They offer a full food and beverage menu and service. Hours of operation are 4 p.m. to close on weekdays and 11 a.m. to close on weekends. Minors are not permitted after 9 p.m.
- Tito's Bistro & Cafe – the food and beverage kiosk – is located next to the Trican Fieldhouse. They are open over lunch with other hours of operation ranging. Their menu consists of western, and Mediterranean cuisine. There is a sitting area to eat, enjoy and relax.
- Ernie's Sports Experts – a retail store – also operates on the main floor of the Sportsplex. Ernie's offers a range of clothing, shoes and sports equipment of renowned and exclusive brands at competitive prices. Their hours of operation range. For more information, please call 780-402-2458.
- Outdoor Fields - the eight fully irrigated athletic outdoor fields opened in 2014.
The impressive 176,043 square foot structure is the largest construction project ever undertaken by the County of Grande Prairie. With the popularity of sports like soccer and hockey on the rise across Canada and a growing population in the region that includes plenty of young families, the facility is a good fit for present and future needs. The Sportsplex and site will be owned by the County of Grande Prairie and privately operated by Nustadia Recreation Inc., a Calgary-based company.