FCSS Grant Program
The FCSS Grant online application is now open for new applications for 2021 funding only. Those who already applied for 2020-2021 funding do not need to reapply at this time.
Deadline to submit your application is September 1, 2020. (or the next business day)
FCSS supports the provision of local preventive social services through direct programming and the provision of financial assistance through the grant program.
To be eligible, proposed projects must be managed by, or under the guidance of a community group or agency which is classified as a non-profit organization in Alberta; or operating under the administrative jurisdiction of a school division or municipality.
To qualify for support under this program, the proposed project must meet the following requirements:
- Promote, encourage, and practice voluntarism and the use of volunteers
- Be of a preventive nature in order to:
- enhance, strengthen, and stabilize family and community life
- improve the ability of persons to identify and act on their own social needs
- help prevent family or community social breakdown
- prevent the development of a crisis that may require major intervention or rehabilitative measures in the event that the early symptoms of a social breakdown occur
- Provide services on the basis of clearly identified social needs, with clearly defined goals.
For more information regarding the FCSS Grant Program please contact the FCSS department at 780-532-9727.