Ron Pfau Memorial Scholarship
The County offers a $500 scholarship in memory of long-time County Administrator Ron Pfau. County residents who are graduating this year, and who will be pursuing post-secondary studies in the fields of business, commerce, or public office administration are invited to apply.
Applicant must be:
- A County of Grande Prairie resident for no less than one year prior to applying for the scholarship;
- Graduating from Grade 12 this year;
- A Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant; and
- Entering an Alberta post-secondary institution in the fields of business, commerce, or public office administration.
Applicant must provide:
- Copy of letter of acceptance from an Alberta post-secondary institution;
- Letters of support from community members (i.e. Principal, pastor, 4-H leader, executive director or chairperson of volunteer organization, etc.);
- Proof of Academic record – High school transcripts that include marks for June diploma exams. When requesting transcripts from Alberta Education, as that June results for the current year be included.) Students may request that transcripts be sent directly to Peace Wapiti School Foundation, which administers this award.
- A letter or brief essay indicating career plans and current achievements. This part of the application allows the applicant to explain why he or she should be chosen to receive the scholarship.
Although academic achievements are important, the selection will not be based solely on academic record. The committee will also give weight to community involvement, such as, involvement in clubs, athletic, or cultural activities, volunteerism, personal projects, and other achievements.
The selection committee consists of a County Councillor, a School Board Member, a staff member from County Administration, and a staff member of the Peace Wapiti School Division.
The application deadline is August 13.