Accounting Technician I
Competition Number: HR-2019-0004
Job Title: Accounting Technician I
Department: Financial Services department
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: $53,724 - $68,789 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Posted Date: January 10, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: January 28, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 10, 2019 4:25 PM
At the County of Grande Prairie,we valuefiscal responsibility and good financial management. If you pride yourself in your great attention to detail, have a strong accounting background and the ability to use sound financial judgement, you may be the right one to join the team!
The Financial Services department provides financial stewardship and management services for the County, including financial support to all departments in the areas of accounting, finance, and budgeting.
The Accounting Technician I provides analytical support to other County departments to develop capital and operating budget, interim and year-end financial reports and financial analysis and advice to support departmental decision making. Each Accounting Technician works cooperatively and collaboratively with County departments assigned to their position to achieve County and Council objectives and acts as the first point of contact for departmental staff. Your advanced computer skills and superior organizational skills will be keys to success in this position.
You will also possess the following education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Business or Accounting Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiarity with Serenic v8 (Bellamy), Questica, Excel, CaseWare, Smartsheet and Webmaps software would be an asset;
- Superior organizational skills in order to plan own workload and workload of others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to explain policies and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize and manage work tasks and achieve results within acceptable timeframes;
- Ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and still meet deadlines;
- Ability to keep financial records and prepare reports;
- Tact and sound judgment;
- High degree of accuracy;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and in accordance with Records Management Policy;
- Ability to work as a team player.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.