Competition Number: HR-2018-0086
Job Title: Assessor III
Department: Assessment department
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: $84,634 - $108,366 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Posted Date: December 18, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 01, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: December 18, 2018 4:08 PM
The Assessment department provides accurate and equitable assessments that are used for the purpose of collecting taxes, which is the County’s primary source of revenue. Assessments are used to determine each individual property owner’s share of the total property tax pursuant to legislation, policies and guidelines determined by the Government of Alberta.
Are you methodical in your approach to analyzing data? Are you able to talk to people to explain the assessment process, make decisions about assessment and defend those decisions in front of a review board? We are looking for a full time experienced Assessor who will inspect and assess residential, commercial, and farm properties to determine market value. Your excellent oral and written communication skills, initiative, sound judgment, and attention to detail will be the keys to success in this position. As an Assessor you will drive throughout the County to inspect properties, and be given an opportunity to make informed decisions, as well as to coach and mentor junior staff.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Post secondary educational institution diploma or degree in assessment or a related field;
- Accreditation as a Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA) designation or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years experience including mixed evaluation experience;
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract;
- A willingness to travel, particularly in rural areas to conduct inspections;
- Ability to occasionally work long and irregular hours to meet deadlines and/or attend meetings;
- Ability to lift/carry files/boxes up to 40 lbs.;
- Preference may be given to those applicants who have completed the UBC Real Property Assessment Certificate.
Candidates who do not hold AMAA designation or with less experience are invited to apply and may be considered at a lower classification and salary level.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.