Competition Number: HR-2018-0083
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Parks and Recreation department
Employment Type: Temporary - Part Time : 21 hours/week (13 month term)
Posted Date: November 27, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: December 14, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: December 14, 2018 4:55 PM
The Parks and Recreation department plans, organizes, supervises and evaluates select recreation programs, and assists in advising groups and organizations, both internal and external, regarding parks and recreational needs. This program is also responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient operation of County recreation facilities, cemeteries, parks and open spaces.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator with excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, training and leadership skills, who will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the progress of approved special projects and initiatives with the Parks & Recreation Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Wapiti Recreation Area
- Develop an Engagement Plan in accordance with the County’s Public Engagement Policy. This Plan must be specifically designed to conduct a comprehensive consultation with local and regional First Nations, Metis, Indigenous, and community members that identify as Aboriginal regarding potential facilities meant to serve those communities. This Plan must be completed in collaboration with the Board of Directors at Evergreen Park;
- Finalize components of the Implementation Plan. Focus on the Sponsorship and Naming Rights section. Develop a ‘Sponsorship Package’ to issue to potential community and corporate sponsors;
- Develop and deliver on site programming to encourage facility use and stewardship;
- Develop procurement documents, communicate with potential bidders, organize and participate in bid evaluations, and make recommendations for contract award to the Manager;
- Act as a primary point of contact for contractors;
- Complete E-Newsletters related to projects to keep residents informed of ongoing progress / completion.
Pipestone Creek Campground
- Provide procurement support for any future expansions / improvements.
- Internally consolidate recreation leases and Memorandum of Understanding for County-owned and County-leased recreation lands. Create diarized system for managing and renewing these contracts.
Heritage and Culture Liaison
- Become familiar with the Historic Resources Act and consult with other team members regarding the impact of the Act on their projects;
- Internally consolidate recreation leases and Memorandum of Understanding that exist between the Parks & Recreation department and groups that provide heritage and culture services, including the Bad Heart Straw Church, the Glen Leslie Preservation Society, and the Kleskun Hills Museum Society. Create diarized system for managing, reviewing and renewing these contracts;
- Conduct data collection and/or ground surveys of department assets for incorporation into asset management database as directed by the Manager. This may require a combination of digital and manual means of data input;
- Keep and maintain electronic and hard copy files and records in a comprehensive and organized fashion;
- Build relationships among project stakeholders in all internal and external special projects;
- Research topics and provide reports as required for the Recreation Advisory Committee, Regional Recreation Committee, Directors, or as required by the Manager;
- Update website pages related to special projects and provide feedback on communication directives to be approved and released by the Manager;
- Contribute to a safe and productive workplace by participating in all required Health and Safety initiatives;
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Manager of Parks & Recreation.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
You will also possess:
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- 2 years’ experience project planning and implementation;
- 2 years’ experience with public interaction, communication and consultation;
- Previous sales, sponsorship acquisition, or marketing experience would be an asset.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.