Seasonal Agriculture Assistant
Competition Number: HR-2019-0007
Job Title: Seasonal Agriculture Assistant
Department: Agriculture department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time
Salary: $23.88 - $28.50 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 08, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 11, 2019 1:35 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is currently seeking seasonal Agricultural Assistants for the 2019 summer season which is approx. May to October. We are seeking applicants who enjoy working with the public, possess excellent computer skills, and have exceptional communication and record- keeping skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with placing and monitoring Bertha Army Worm traps and reporting results to Alberta Crop Development Center;
- Assist in maintenance of Invasive Species Demo Site and other projects of similar nature;
- Assist in planting and maintenance of the Alternate Crop Demonstration Plots;
- Organize and participate in the Weed Warrior program;
- Pick weeds in inaccessible areas and transport them to the incinerator at the landfill site;
- Assist with Fusarium graminearum sample collections;
- Assist with Clubroot monitoring and sampling;
- Assist with crop inspections for Pest and Disease issues;
- Assist in organizing and participating in various County functions.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license with acceptable driver’s abstract;
- An interest in agriculture;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work outdoors in varying conditions;
- Enjoy working in collaborative teams.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.