Seasonal Mower Operator
Competition Number: HR-2019-0008
Job Title: Seasonal Mower Operator
Department: Agriculture department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time
Salary: $23.88 - $28.50 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 08, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 11, 2019 4:30 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Mower Operators for the 2019 summer season which is approx. May to October. Mower Operators are responsible for providing roadside and subdivision mowing services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Locating mowing sites on a map;
- Loading, transporting, and unloading mower;
- Reviewing local land conditions;
- Operating a large ride-on mower;
- Maintaining mower records (hours, ground condition, mileage mowed);
- Cleaning mowers before leaving site to avoid cross-contamination of weeds;
- Notifying Weed Inspectors and Sprayers of noxious weeks and providing land location;
- Picking weeds, as required;
- Performing basic maintenance and repairs to the mower;
- Seeding ditches in new construction areas, as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract is required, class 3 preferred;
- Experience operating farm equipment, tractors, side-arm mowers, 3-pt hitch mowers, 3-pt hitch seeders, and hydro-seeders, is preferred;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Knowledge of noxious weeds, an asset;
- Ability to manage time and priorities, and ability to multiple task;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.